The Indian government is dedicated to promoting the country’s progress and has introduced the Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana, a program designed to provide food and employment assistance to rural poor and economically disadvantaged individuals. With a focus on people’s welfare, the government had previously implemented the Assurance Scheme and Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana, which have now been consolidated into the Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana 2023 (SGRY) scheme. This article offers a comprehensive overview of the SGRY scheme sampoorna grameen rozgar benefits. If you are an Indian resident interested in applying for SGRY benefits, please read this article in its entirety.
Table of Contents
Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana 2023
The Indian government launched the Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana (SGRY) on April 1st, 1989, by merging the Employment Assurance Scheme and Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana. In 2016, this scheme was integrated into the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act. The primary objective of SGRY is to provide employment and food to rural applicants, including poor and economically weaker citizens. Under this scheme, beneficiaries are guaranteed 100 days of employment, which helps them lead a better economic life. The state government contributes 20% towards the implementation of Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana 2023, while the remaining 80% is funded by the central government.
Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana (SGRY): Understanding its Aim and Objectives
The Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana (SGRY) is an important initiative that aims to provide employment opportunities and benefits to the underprivileged population in India, with a special focus on Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. Women have also been given priority with a 30% reservation. The main goal of SGRY is to create more wage employment opportunities for rural workers and provide them with food items to improve their nutritional status and food security. The successful implementation of this program will lead to the creation of sustainable communities, socio-economic assets, and infrastructure development in rural areas. Overall, SGRY is a crucial step toward addressing unemployment and poverty in India, particularly in disadvantaged communities.
Key Highlights Of Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana (SGRY)
|🔥 Scheme Name||🔥 Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana|
|🔥 Launched By||🔥 Government of India|
|🔥 Year||🔥 2023|
|🔥 Beneficiaries||🔥 Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Citizens|
|🔥 Application Procedure||🔥 Online|
|🔥 Objective||🔥 Lead The Country Towards Development|
|🔥 Benefits||🔥 Apart From Food Items, The Benefits of Employment|
|🔥 Category||🔥 Central Government Schemes|
|🔥 Official Website||🔥 https://nrega.nic.in/|
Work to be Provided Through Sampoorna Gramin Rozgar Yojana
- Community assets for socioeconomic development
- Infrastructure support under Swarna Jayanti Swarozgar Yojana
- Restoration and desilting of family or village ponds
- Essential infrastructure for promoting agricultural activities in gram panchayat areas
- Common infrastructure for education and healthcare, including kitchen sets and internal roads connecting villages to main roads, even if they are outside the panchayat area.
Beneficiaries of Sampoorna Gramin Rozgar Yojana
- Offspring of parents with disabilities
- Caregivers of children with disabilities
- Guardians of child laborers
- Citizens belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
- Workers in the agricultural sector
- Small-scale farmers with limited resources
- Women in the workforce
- Unskilled laborers in non-agricultural sectors
- Individuals impacted by natural or man-made disasters
Prohibited Work Under Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
- Building higher secondary schools and colleges
- Establishing places of worship such as temples, mosques, churches, and gurudwaras
- Paving roads with blacktop
- Erecting monuments, sculptures, facades, entry gates, bridges, etc.
Implementation of Sampoorna Gramin Rozgar Yojana
- Under this scheme, the wages will be paid partly in cash and partly in fertilizer money to the beneficiaries.
- The wages provided through Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana (SGRY) will not be less than the minimum wages fixed by the authorities.
- Workers will be provided a minimum 5 kg of compost money as part of wages.
- The rest of the wages will be paid in cash.
- It is mandatory to make a minimum 25% cash payment under this scheme.
Some Important Information Related to Sampoorna Gramin Rozgar Yojana
- what is sampoorna grameen rozgarr The beneficiaries of this scheme will receive wages in both cash and fertilizer, with a portion of the payment in the form of fertilizer.
- The wages provided under Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana (SGRY) will meet or exceed the minimum wage rate established by the authorities.
- As part of their wages, workers will receive at least 5 kg of compost.
- The remaining portion of the wages will be paid in cash.
- This scheme requires a minimum of 25% of the payment to be made in cash.
Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana – Benefits and Features
- The Central Government initiated the Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana to benefit Indian citizens.
- The scheme gives priority to the poor, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. It was created by merging the Employment Assurance Scheme and Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana.
- SGRY provides food and employment benefits to all eligible applicants, including a 30% reservation for women.
- Rural workers receive supplementary wage employment and food items under this scheme.
- Successful implementation of SGRY will improve the food security and nutritional status of beneficiaries and create sustainable communities, socio-economic assets, and infrastructural development in rural areas.
- The scheme was included under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in 2016. Previously, it was administered through Zilla Panchayat and Gram Panchayat.
- The central government covers 80% of the scheme’s expenses, while the state government contributes 20%.
- The beneficiaries are guaranteed 100 days of employment through this scheme, enabling them to earn a living.
- The scheme ensures that wages are not less than the minimum wage and provides 5kg of compost as part of the wages.
- A minimum of 25% of wages is paid in cash.
Eligibility And Criteria For SGRY
There are no specific eligibility criteria for Indian residents to apply for the benefits of Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana. However, applicants must keep in mind the following requirements while submitting their application:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India and should possess valid documentation to prove it.
- The scheme is designed to benefit only economically weaker citizens who are living below the poverty line.
Required Documents For SGRY
The following documents are required to apply for Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana:
- Aadhar Card of the applicant
- Permanent Residence Certificate
- Family Income Certificate
- Proof of Age
- Passport Size Photograph
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana 2023 Application Procedure
To avail of the benefits of Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana, eligible citizens can follow the simple procedure given below:
- Visit the official website of NREGA.
- The homepage of the website will appear in front of you.
- Look for the option to apply for Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana on the homepage.
- Click on the option to apply for the scheme.
- A new page will open where you need to fill in all the required details such as personal information, Aadhaar number, Permanent Residence Certificate, Family Income Certificate, Proof of Age, Passport Size Photograph, Mobile Number, and E-mail ID.
- After filling in all the details, verify the information and submit the application.
- Once the application is submitted, you will receive an application number which can be used for tracking the status of your application.
- After the verification of your application, the authorities will process your application and if you are found eligible, you will start receiving the benefits of Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana.
As In The Article Article, We Have Shared All The Information Related To Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana 2023 With You, If You Need Any Other Information Apart From These Information, Then You Can Ask By Messaging In The Comment Section Given Below. All Your Questions Will Definitely Be Answered. Hope You Will Get Help From The Information Given By Us
FAQ Questions Related Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
The main goal of this Scheme what is sampoorna grameen rozgarr is to offer extra and complementary wage employment opportunities to rural workers, leading to increased food security and improved nutrition levels. The secondary objective is to foster the development of sustainable community, social, and economic assets, as well as infrastructural growth in rural areas.
The Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana was launched on September 25, 2001, by merging the Employment Assurance Scheme (EAS) and the Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana (JGSY). The scheme is designed to be self-targeting and aims to provide employment and food security to economically disadvantaged rural communities sgry scheme.
On September 25, 2001, the Government of India merged the Employment Assurance Scheme (EAS) and the Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana (JGSY) to create the Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana (SGRY).
Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana (SGRY) is a rural employment scheme launched by the Government of India on September 25, 2001. The scheme aims to provide additional and supplementary wage employment to those living in rural areas who are poor, and thereby improve their food security and nutritional levels. It also aims to create durable community, social and economic assets and infrastructural development in rural areas. SGRY was created by merging the Employment Assurance Scheme (EAS) and Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana (JGSY) and is now a part of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
The Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana (SGRY) is a scheme that was launched on September 25, 2001, by combining the existing schemes of the Employment Assurance Scheme (EAS) and Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojna (JGSY).